Monday, August 1, 2011

August 1, 2011 ~ The Twelve Days of Classroom Projects ~ Project #2

Project #2 
Popsicle Place Value Game
 I found the idea for this game on a YouTube video! 
In the video he used a three section pepper tray that he got from the dollar store.
Basically you have three dice, one in each section of the tray and the kids take turns rolling the di and form a three digit number. Whoever gets the highest or lowest number wins! 
For my place value game I found a clear three section tray at the dollar store and decided to decoupage a popsicle cut out with the place value stamped on them and background paper. 
Here are the supplies you need: 
  • Clear three section tray
  • Decorative card stock in your chosen theme
  • Cutouts to go with your theme
  • Decoupage medium/foam brush
Directions:
First, I cut out my popsicles on my Cricut Expression. 
Next, I cut some cute background paper to fit the sections of my tray and then glued a popsicle to each piece of paper.
Then, I stamped 1,10 and 100 on them to represent the place value.
Lastly, I decoupaged each piece to the back of my tray.
Here is a picture of the finished project:

Hopefully this picture is clear. I had a difficult time getting a good picture of it!
If you can't find the clear trays but you find trays with some kind of picture on them 
then you could just write the place values in with a marker! 
This is all I could find and I really like to personalize everything, so I was happy with the final result:))
Happy Crafting,
Carolee

No comments:

Post a Comment