Monday, June 18, 2012

"Finally Friday" ~ Week 2

Hello! Sorry for this late Finally Friday, I know it is Monday, but last week was way crazier than a week in the Summmer should be so I wasn't able to get this posted. For this weeks posting I finally finished an Adorable Ribbon Wreath for my classroom door. I think I am addicted to making these, they are so much fun! I got the original idea from a lady named Lauren Brewer over at "Lauren's Creative", I love this blog! Here is the link http://laurenscreative.blogspot.com/2012/04/ribbon-wreath.html
Anyway, here is a picture and list of supplies:

Supply List:
  • A large variety of ribbon about 25 yds. at least: I cut up about 20 different rolls of ribbon,but, I made two wreaths out of them and I still have some left over. I just wanted a lot of different kinds of ribbon in mine. What you do is cut the ribbon into 4.5 inch lengths and then fold them over and sew across the bottom. Then just take the bottom of the ribbon piece and glue it to the wreath. I think it looks good to turn your ribbon pieces in all different directions as you glue them down, so their not all laying in a row. If you go to Lauren's blog she has a great video explaining the process!

  • Little Chalkboard: I found mine at my local Michaels in the dollar section.  I used a white paint pen to write the name on but you could also stamp it with white ink. I think I 'll try that for the next one I make. 
  • Create A Critter Cricut Cartridge: The adorable owl and bookworm came from this cartridge and I got the glasses from the cartridge An Ocean of Words.
  • Peachy Keen Wide Eyed Kids stamp set for the bookworms adorable face!
  • Styrofoam wreath base: I found at Michaels, I think I used the 10# size but you could make them in any size you want.
  • Hot glue gun: to adhere the ribbon to the wreath.
So that's about it! I hope you try making one of your own and I 'd love to see a picture if you do!
Please comment:)
Happy Crafting!
Carolee



No comments:

Post a Comment